Ten Home Business Ideas That You Can Start with Very Little Money
Owning your own home business is easier than ever. With the internet and high-speed services becoming ubiquitous, there are more opportunities than ever before. There are many things you can do from home to earn money, but each of these can become real businesses that have low barriers to entry. This means you can start with just a few basic skills and very little money.
1. Virtual Assistant and A VA provides administrative or customer service skills to their clients from the comfort of their home office, using the internet and their computer. You can learn more at Virtual Assistant Forum.
Link to Virtual Assistant Forum - http://www.vanetworking.com/
2. EBook Author and Ever wanted to write the great novel? What about writing simple and short "how to" books? You can do that today by writing books that you sell in PDF format on your website, or by uploading on the Kindle Publishing platform or multiple platforms using a service like Smashwords.
Link to Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/
3. Graphic Designer and If you already have these skills, getting started is a no-brainer. Graphic designers are in demand and you can do it all from your own comfortable office, or with your laptop and easy chair. It's up to you. You can get inexpensive monthly cloud-based software like Adobe Creative Cloud, so there is no big up-front expensive software to purchase.
Link to Adobe Creative Cloud - http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html
4. Day Care Operator and You don't need technology to provide childcare services, but you do need to check the rules and regulations for licensure in your state, city and county. It varies so widely that it's impossible to know what you need to do to get started. Just do a search for your city and you're sure to find some information. You can learn more at ChildCare Aware.
Link to ChildCare Aware - http://childcareaware.org/child-care-providers
5. Social Media Marketing Manager and As a social media marketing manager, you'll handle your client's social media marketing activities. You may post updates, answer questions and more. You may or may not be responsible for designing graphics, and finding interesting things to share with the audience. You can learn more from Social Media Manager School.
Link to Social Media Manager School - http://socialmediamanagerschool.com/affiliates/
6. Content Writer and There are many jobs for people who can write well. If you can write at an 8th grade level, you can find positions as a content writer online. A content writer writes for other people, and usually doesn't keep their name on the work. Instead, they write the work, then sell it to someone else who claims authorship to it. You can get started learning about writing for money in a group like WriterHelpWanted.
Link to WriterHelpWanted - http://www.writerhelpwanted.com/
7. Niche Blogger and Do you like to create recipes and share them with your friends and family? Why not take that one step further and start a blog? It doesn't really have to be about food, but food blogs are especially popular. You can learn more about food blogging profitably at Foodaplenty.com.
Link to Foodaplenty.com - http://www.foodaplenty.com/
8. Lawn Manager and OK, really you're just mowing lawns, but this is a needed service for many. Many elderly people, as well as two-income families, just don't have time to take care of their lawn. This is an expandable business too. You can start with just your own yard tools and then work up to managing gardens and more.
9. Amazon or EBay Seller and You may not realize it, but a lot of average people are buying and selling on Amazon through their FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon plan) or on eBay and making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. You can get started with the used stuff you have laying around your house. Learn more on Udemy.
10. Dog Walking and Like exercise, love animals? You can turn this into a lucrative income opportunity. Dog walkers can earn plenty of money, starting at $25 to $35 per walk. You can charge more than that if you offer specialized services such as individual instead of group dog walks. It also depends on the area you live in. You can learn more from the link below.
Before you start, write down the skills you have now plus how much money you can spend getting started. Then go for it. Don't delay. The only difference between you and someone who has been successful is the doing.