So you want to start a Podcast? That's great! Podcasts are a fantastic way to generate traffic and engage with your target audience. Whether you're starting out or have been podcasting for years, there are some things that all podcasters should know about how to get started. In this blog post, we'll go over 5 of the most important considerations before starting your first Podcast.
- Podcasts can be recorded and edited on both a Mac or PC. So basically, you don't need to spend money for expensive equipment right away. But if you want your show to sound professional, try investing in some good quality microphones like the Blue Yeti or Audio Technica AT2020USB+
- Podcasting is an evergreen content strategy that allows you to publish whenever it suits your schedule - so there's no need to worry about publishing something "fresh" every week! Build up episodes with interviews from experts who have lots of great insights and information on topics relevant to your audience. Then release these episodes periodically throughout the year and not all at once, which will keep people tuning back in time after time when they're in need of some new content.
- Podcasts are a great way to connect with your audience and build trust over time, which is especially important for brands who want to establish an emotional connection with their customers or prospects. One strategy we recommend implementing early on is interviewing experts from within your industry - this builds credibility as well as providing you with invaluable information that can be shared throughout other areas of the business (webinars, blog posts).
- Podcasting isn't just about recording and publishing episodes; it's also about engaging listeners during all stages of the process. This means including show notes, transcripts, social media integration like Twitter chats and Facebook Lives/Shows. It also means adding links back to resources mentioned in each episode, which creates incredible value for listeners who want to learn more.
- Podcasting is a great way to grow your business, but it's not without its challenges. You'll need funding (whether that be through advertisers or sponsors). It can take time and effort to create quality content. But when you consider the benefits - from gaining valuable insights into what people really care about in your industry, driving traffic, building credibility with prospects/customers - podcasting might just become one of your best marketing tools!
I hope these tips will help you get started on this powerful type of media platform; we're always happy to answer any questions you may have as well so don't hesitate to reach out.
Want to expedite your podcast startup? We can help get you up and running quicker with our Podcast Bootcamp Program.